How to Reset AOL Password?AOL is quite a popular email service that has almost every feature that we expect from a perfect email service. One of the main features, why AOL is so preferred, is that it put the security of its users at the top of its priorities. That’s why it is not possible for you to sign-in to your AOL email account without entering your current password. However, it is possible that you might be missing some very important information in case you are unable to sign-in to your AOL account. So, it is very important for you to know how to reset AOL password. In this post, we are providing all the necessary details related to AOL Password recovery.
What are the steps of AOL Password recovery?
Like many other websites, AOL has also moved toward password reset option instead of password recovery which is a more secure approach. In case you are unable to sign in to AOL email due to forgetting the password then you should look for the saved password within your browser. It is possible that the password you have forgotten might be stored in the browser. If the password you are looking for is not stored in the browser then you should follow the steps to reset AOL password as given below.
- First of all, you need to go to the AOL Mail Sign-in page.
- Then, you have to provide your AOL username. In case you don’t know your AOL username then you may enter your AOL recovery email address or phone number.
- Click on the “Next” button after entering the username.
- On the next page, you have to click on the “Forget password” button.
- After that you will be asked to select one of the password reset options.
- On the basis of how you set up your account, you will be able to choose your phone number or email address as your password reset option.
- Then, you will receive a code on your phone number. In case you have opted for the option to reset AOL Password without phone then you will receive the code on your alternate email address.
- Next, you have to enter the code that will receive on your phone number or alternate email ID.
- Choose “Create a new password” in order to reset your AOL mail password.
- Enter the verification code that will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, click on the “Verify” button.
The AOL Password reset process is now complete. You may check the new login credential by signing into your AOL account.
How can I Change AOL Password?
It is often recommended that you should update AOL password regularly in order to keep your account safe. In case you are using your AOL email account on a web browser and looking to change the password then you should follow the steps given below.
- Run a web browser on your computer and log into your AOL account using your current AOL username or phone number and password.
- Then, click on your name that will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen. This will open your account information screen.
- Next, you should go to the left panel and choose the “Account Security” option.
- After that, you need to go to the “How you sign-in” section and click on the “Change Password” button.
- On the next page, you need to enter a new password for your AOL account in the “New password” section.
- Finally, click on the “Continue” button to save the changes.
After changing the password, the option to change the password recovery options will also appear on your screen. You may also change them if you want.
How to Change AOL password through the AOL app?
In case you are looking to change the AOL password through the AOL app then you should follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, you are required to tap on the “AOL” app from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Tap on the “settings” gear icon that will appear on the lower right corner of the screen.
- After that, you have to go to the “Support” section and tap “Privacy Dashboard”.
- Next, choose the “Your account” tab.
- Then, scroll down and tap “Your account”. Also, enter your AOL login credentials if prompted.
- Choose the “Edit Account Info” option appearing under your account section.
- Now, you need to tap on the 3 horizontal lines menu icon that will appear on the personal info screen.
- Then, choose “Account Security” followed by “Change password”.
- Select the password field and enter a new password for your AOL email account.
- Finally, tap “Continue” to save the changes.
Now, a confirmation page will appear on your screen. This page will consist of options to change your recovery email and recovery phone number. Here, you may add or change the recovery options if you want. Finally, tap “Done” to finish up the process.