Those who are tech-savvy or use internet on the regular basis might know how beneficial is to have a Google account. You need a have a properly working Google account in order to use services like Gmail, drive, YouTube, G Suite etc. Have you ever imagined how difficult it can be for you to use any of the Google service in case you lost access to your Google Account? Despite knowing its importance, many of us Google users tends to forgot Google password every now and then. Fortunately, Google has a page dedicated to password recovery i.e. https //g.co/recover. In this post, we are going to discuss all the necessary things that you should know regarding the Google password recovery.
What are the benefits of https //g.co/recover?
The Google password recovery page https //g.co/recover can be extremely useful for us. Like most of the email service, Google also doesn’t support password recovery. Which means it will never let you know what your lost password was. Instead, it allows you to reset Google password and create a new one. Given below are the situations in which the URL https //g.co/recover can be useful.
- Lost Google password: In case you can’t remember what your Google was then this link can be extremely beneficial. You can visit this URL and start the password recovery. Here, by password recovery we mean the process to reset Google password.
- Forgetting Google username or Gmail email address: Like the password, we can also see many user forgetting their Google username and Gmail email address as well. Such users can also visit the https //g.co/recover page in order to get their Google username and Gmail email address back.
- Google account getting hacked: The recovery page becomes the most important when the security of your Google account get compromised. Through this page, you can prove to the google that you are the legitimate owner of the hacked account get access to your account back.
Please note that in any of the situations mentioned above, you will not be able to sign into your Google account.
What are the steps to retrieve Google Account Password through the account recovery page?
In case you are unable to login to your Google account due to reasons like forgetting the password, account getting hacked, etc. then you should follow the steps mentioned below in order to fix the problem.
- First of all, you have to visit the official account recovery page i.e. https //g.co/recover.
- In the sign-in window, you need to enter your Google username. Instead, you may also enter the phone number linked with your Google account.
- Once you are done with entering the username, Google will ask you to enter the last password you remember.
- Enter the last Google password you remember or click on the “Try another way” link available at the bottom of the window in case you can’t remember any password.
- Then, in order to verify your identity, Google will send a verification code to the phone number linked with your account. If you are looking to reset Google password without phone then you may select to option to receive password recovery link on the alternate email ID.
- Enter the verification code received on the phone or click on the link received via alternate email ID.
- Please note that in case you don’t have a phone number or alternate email ID linked with your account then you may answer the security question regarding your Google Account. In this case Google will analyse your answers and contact you within 3 to 5 days regarding your password recovery.
- As soon as you enter the correct verification code or click on the password recovery link.
- The option to create a new Google password will appear on your screen.
- Then, you have to enter a correct password for your Google account
How to get lost Google username/ Gmail email address back through https //g.co/recover page?
In case you can’t remember your Google username or Gmail email address then you get it back through https //g.co/recover page by following the steps given below.
- First of all visit the recovery page i.e. https //g.co/recover.
- Then, enter the phone number or alternate email address linked with your Google account.
- Provide your first and last name and click on the “next” button.
- After that, Google will send a verification code to your phone number or secondary email address linked with Google.
- Enter the verification code that you will receive on your phone number.
- Once you enter the verification code, your Gmail email address will appear on your screen.
- After knowing your Google username, you may begin the Gmail password recovery by the method that we have explained in this post.